Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What Should I Do For Costumes In This Economy?

Saint me, I only wish I had better ideas. I know a lot of people get into the genre because of the variety and style of clothes that comes along with it- mad scientists in cloaks, foppish waistcoats with atomic wristwatches, and a dapper chapeau to complement your brass aviator goggles. For many, writing and listening to steampunk themes isn't the best way to experience it- this is a stylistic type of genre, thank you, and pass the brass polish.


If you also lack funds, a lot can be acheived with some leather castoffs, a couple of old vests, and some brocade curtains. Having a friend in theater definitely helps. And recently I came across Rivka's Mom. I recommend as a place to get ideas if you're that strapped or you fear that your interest in steampunk costumes may be a Passing Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment