Sunday, November 13, 2011

So, I'm Off Social Media

Just my blog and my email, for now. Why?

Simply put, I don't like having too much information out there. I never did. I want to silence that voice in your head that composes status updates as you go. Not that I think that there's a real risk of me being targeted for whatever.

Basically, I sat down and wondered where my life got to the point where I socialize by spending my free time sitting alone in front of a computer. That's messed up and not how I want to live. Even if going out there and meeting people isn't what I expect or planned, it's real.

And I also think of it this way: I'm ready to go. I've been thinking and praying about it, and I want to just keep in contact with the people God has put in my path, without getting distracted by superficial demands on my time and energy. I want to do things, not just write about when I do them or be preoccupied with the idea that I have some audience. I don't.

1 comment: